Hello my gracious, and patient readers,
My apologies for being so quiet on the blog front. I have been working away with college classes and my new job. I have to admit I had succumbed to the inevitable writer's block and it took me a while to dig myself out. The summer of 2013 is here and I hope that everyone had an amazing Independence Day! Here's what's new on my end: While still working and taking full time classes online for Southern New Hampshire, I've managed to be awarded a certificate and a place on the President's List for the Spring of 2013. Link will be posted on my blog page so you can all take a gander.
I've also been given the opportunity to blog for where I work, and have the possibility of getting a short story published in an anthology with some fellow classmates, in which the proceeds will go to charity. I find myself struggling to find the time to write these days, and now with a July 31st deadline it seems as though I may not find the time to even write a short story by then. Exciting, but daunting. Also, if a certain avenue opens up I may also be writing pieces about Star Wars that would go up on the web. Both of these opportunities are strictly that...opportunities, should I be chosen and/or get something in on time. Who knew going to school full time and working could be so difficult? Even the boyfriend takes a backseat...(sorry honey)
On a more serious note, if you find yourself wanting to write and have no time then take a few moments at night to at least jot down your ideas. With all the smart phones and technology available there's no excuse for not writing down some notes for yourself to expand on later.
Once I find out the outcome of my two avenues that have opened up...you'll all be the first to know!
With that being said, what are your summer plans? Anything new for you in creative writing? How about my geek fans? San Diego Comic Con is soon, if only I could go. Well, comment below and fill me in on your 2013 summer plans.
If you haven't already, be sure to like me on Facebook for any upcoming news, as well as to support your fellow writer!
Stay nerdy my friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment